Due to covid 19 we are unsure at this time if we will be able to run the Riverhead Carnival or the Fireworks display . These are our two major fundraising events of the year but due to the current regulations and social distancing we will not be able to run these events, HOWEVER IF THINGS CHANGE AND GOVERNMENT ALLOWS US TO WE WILL TRY AND RUN THEM . Please see our fundraising page for full details and if you would still like to show interest in having a stall at carnival please do make contact via the email on the fundraising page . We will continue to review and a final decision will be made late August for Carnival taking into account the regulation and rules at the time and mid October for Fireworks.
Many thanks for your interest.
With regret, the Group Executive Committee has decided finally to cancel this year’s Riverhead Carnival, which we organise, which was due to take place on the 20th September. Coronavirus regulations have not been sufficiently relaxed to allow us to organise a public event of this scale, and with the date approaching, we have taken the decision to cancel.
We will be back with a bigger, better Carnival on the 19th September 2021, complete with egg throwing, giant slide, coconut shy, beer tent and burgers, among many other commercial and charity stalls. We hope you will be able to support us then.
We have not yet taken a decision regarding the Fireworks Display, which is due to take place on the 31st October 2020 at the Scout HQ. Social distancing requirements make it unlikely that it will go ahead, but we will take a final decision in late September, and post it on this website.