Kit for camps
We would suggest that all Scouts pack their own kit. All kit should be packed into a rucksack and all items should be able to be carried by the Scout.
All items should be clearly labeled with the Scouts name.
Complete Uniforms. Activity Trousers and / or Uniform activity shorts, Scout Shirt, Belt, Neckerchief.
- Group sweatshirt or warm sweater/jumper
- T-shirt or similar
- Group t-shirt
- Group polo shirt (optional)
- Group sweatshirt
- Tracksuit trousers / long trousers (NOT Jeans)
- Shorts (worn during the day at camps, so several pairs). Optional on winter camps.
- Spare underclothes
- Spare socks
- Nightwear, (can be spare t-shirt and shorts)
- Hike boots or strong shoes
- Training shoes
- Waterproofs - top and trousers
Please do not wear or bring expensive designer clothing on camp, also no electronic games or radios on camp.
Patrol leaders may bring a mobile phone but this is only to be turned on when needed for scouting activities.
- Wool hat and gloves (Winter camping)
- Sun hat, sun cream and sun glasses (we hope for all other camps!)
- Sleeping bag. A good 2 / 3 season bag for most camps or 3 / 4 seasons for winter camps.
- Sleeper mat for under sleeping bag. This can be close cell foam or self inflating. No air beds.
- Unbreakable plate, bowl, mug and cutlery
- Tea towel
- Towel (s)
- Torch and spare batteries
- Personal 1st aid kit
- Personal washing requirements (yes we do encourage them to wash)
- Day sac and re-useable drinks bottle / container
- Survival bag (not survival blanket)
- Optional for camps in addition to sleeping bag . Camp blanket
- Optional sleeping bag liner (will increase the warmth of sleeping bag).